The Combine Forum banner

3861 - 3880 of 4139 Posts
And you used the INO i posted in the reply? I know it works, I just tried it. You could move it to 6 and 7 and try that as well - just make sure you have enough sections in AgOpenGPS
i solid the two pins (D5,D6) and now the second relay turns on to. Only on the SectionRelays. At AutoSteer the relays didnt work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can set the tramlines in A-B setup window (top left corner) by choosing which path to start tramline counting and how often to repeat tramlines
Check, but my tramlines are in the middle of 2 workpaths.. seeder is 3mtrs, sprayer is 24 mtrs. It means that My first tramline is between the 4th and 5th working path. Is there also a workaround for this situation?

·
Registered
142 Posts
How is your setup with your base? Stand alone? Connected thru WiFi with internet? Or thru a PC?
I’m using 2 different setups.

First connected base (usb) to old windows laptop that is running Snip Caster and sending rtcm messages to rtk2go.com. Laptop provides reliable power to the base too.

Second setup: Base is sending rtcm messages through XBee LR radio to my home pc. I connected the XBee LR module that I bought from Ardusimple to this PC with adapter. Then this PC, using Snip, sends messages to rtk2go.com.

This way I have quite reliable system with 2 different mountpoints using 2 different internet connections.

And if I had XBee LR radio in rover, it could receive corrections straight from base too. With limited distance though...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m using 2 different setups.

First connected base (usb) to old windows laptop that is running Snip Caster and sending rtcm messages to rtk2go.com. Laptop provides reliable power to the base too.

Second setup: Base is sending rtcm messages through XBee LR radio to my home pc. I connected the XBee LR module that I bought from Ardusimple to this PC with adapter. Then this PC, using Snip, sends messages to rtk2go.com.

This way I have quite reliable system with 2 different mountpoints using 2 different internet connections.

And if I had XBee LR radio in rover, it could receive corrections straight from base too. With limited distance though...
If i understand right.. you’re using 2 base stations? Should it also work with only option #1?

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,866
Ok, I see you are struggling, so i made a video. If you made the circuit as per the first video, here is part 2. It actually does work! :)

https://youtu.be/xdytlUuL5l8
Thank you for your time. Yes it works like on the video you sent me.
* Now if I upload to arduino the AutoSteer INO i must check with the same way if the relays work and make the whole circuit (motor,swm,etc)?
I dont have understand what i must do to make the AutoSteer project.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No, only 1 base connected to 2 computers.

I'd say easies way is to connect base to windows (10) laptop with usb and use snip to send corrections to rtk2go. Just like my #1 setup.
Hi Kaupoi
do you know if it is possible to configure ublox m8t as a base station?
I wuld like to upgrade my gps system, right now i am using rtklib and correction from public NTRIP caster, but i would like to use my own base buying the ardusimple f9p gps.

Another question for Brian: if i want to use sections control and autosteer together i need two arduino? one for autosteer and one for sections control?
Do you think it is usefull to put a diode on the elctrovalve cables to dissipate current when the relay switch off?

thank you

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,869

·
Registered
375 Posts
No, only 1 base connected to 2 computers.

I'd say easies way is to connect base to windows (10) laptop with usb and use snip to send corrections to rtk2go. Just like my #1 setup.
Hi Kaupoi
do you know if it is possible to configure ublox m8t as a base station?
I wuld like to upgrade my gps system, right now i am using rtklib and correction from public NTRIP caster, but i would like to use my own base buying the ardusimple f9p gps.

Another question for Brian: if i want to use sections control and autosteer together i need two arduino? one for autosteer and one for sections control?
Do you think it is usefull to put a diode on the elctrovalve cables to dissipate current when the relay switch off?

thank you
You can combine the code to run on one Arduino if you're comfortable doing that.

Regarding that diode, are you talking about a snubbing/flashback diode? That's always a good idea for inductive loads like coils, it protects the relay contacts.

Well, that is a lot bigger project. Be sure you have the skills to complete it before beginning.
I will try to do my best to make that project cause that will help me a lot.
So if i have understand I must upload to the arduino the AutoSteer INO and to do the circuit of the picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Till I get a better understanding of the whole board, can I use this just as a guidance tool? Pug in a GPS receiver into laptop USB and just use that way?

·
Registered
58 Posts
sure, just plug a Gps source, open a field, draw coutour and you are ready to go.
Be carefull that Aog coordinates are set correctly, Brian made a video for that, and shut off simulator when using your gps source!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Till I get a better understanding of the whole board, can I use this just as a guidance tool? Pug in a GPS receiver into laptop USB and just use that way?
sure, just plug a Gps source, open a field, draw coutour and you are ready to go.
Be carefull that Aog coordinates are set correctly, Brian made a video for that, and shut off simulator when using your gps source!

I have used it a fair bit this way for sizing fields and such as i do not have a steering setup ready at the moment.

I just opened the program set the GPS settings up, turned off simulator and shutdown/ reopened the program and the GPS sets where i am. then open a field and start doing whatever i need.

I wager you will love it enough to want a steering setup to use its full potential.
Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for your answer, I will wait.
I have another question: when I look at the IMU value there is -2000 ° is this normal?
I find it was a bad solder wire now its working well.

For the steering sensor, there is one already integrated in my tractor (nhT7, 250) but it works in 3.3v. Can it work with ads1115 and agopengps?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Current Status

Its been a few months since I looked into the agopengps project and seems that a number of things may have changed. Just wondering if someone can kindly give an update.

In particular, I downloaded the latest agopengps master and it appears the Arduino AutoSteer Code is referencing MMA8452Q and ADS1015 breakout boards. Since these are 3.3v boards is there a Is their an updated schematic for operation at 3.3v? I was thinking the Nano pin voltages run a 5 volts so are these compatible with the Nano Board (thinking not)?

My next thought was to replace the Nano with a newer board running at 3.3v but then I was wondering if the ibt_2 driver would work as I thought the PWM pin voltage needed to be 5V. Is that the case? If so, is there another recommend motor driver?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,878
I find it was a bad solder wire now its working well.

For the steering sensor, there is one already integrated in my tractor (nhT7, 250) but it works in 3.3v. Can it work with ads1115 and agopengps?

Yes it can. To do that use the differential input where the ground of the sensor goes into A1 and the output of the sensor into A0. Then do a differential read. You may have to fiddle a bit since its not 5v, the zero will need to be set in the code. Hope this makes a bit of sense - just keep asking when you run into a snag but it will work.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,879
Its been a few months since I looked into the agopengps project and seems that a number of things may have changed. Just wondering if someone can kindly give an update.

In particular, I downloaded the latest agopengps master and it appears the Arduino AutoSteer Code is referencing MMA8452Q and ADS1015 breakout boards. Since these are 3.3v boards is there a Is their an updated schematic for operation at 3.3v? I was thinking the Nano pin voltages run a 5 volts so are these compatible with the Nano Board (thinking not)?

My next thought was to replace the Nano with a newer board running at 3.3v but then I was wondering if the ibt_2 driver would work as I thought the PWM pin voltage needed to be 5V. Is that the case? If so, is there another recommend motor driver?

Thanks

Yes, also download the PCB git as well. The MMA runs off the 3.3 v from the nano supply, the ADS is a 5v device. Just use the normal MD13S motor driver. It's all there in the schematic.

3861 - 3880 of 4139 Posts